Before earning her Doctorate in PT, Derya taught yoga for four years, which gave her a unique view of body structure and function. Her interest in dizziness and vestibular rehabilitation stems from experience with patients who have had concussions; she witnessed dramatic improvements in the quality of patients’ lives with physical therapy. She also has training in rehabilitation for runners and running gait analysis. She enjoys treating a variety of orthopedic patients.
“Wellness is not simply being without pain or discomfort, it is about finding balance and ease within the body.”
• B.S.: Molecular, Cellular, & Developmental Biology, CU Boulder. 2010.
• Doctorate, PT, CU Anschutz Medical Campus. 2016
• Clinical Internship, Wardenburg Health Center, Boulder, CO. 2016-2017
• Certified Yoga Instructor: 200 & 500 hour trainings, advanced trainings in adaptive and restorative yoga.
• Member: APTA, Orthopedic Section
Finding the best approach for each person is an art. To be effective, your approach must resonate with the individual. This is why it’s so important to understand a patient’s lifestyle and expectations.